Illinois Masters Swimming Association
The Illinois Masters Swimming Association (ILMSA, formerly CMSA) is a Local Masters Swimming Committee (LMSC) of U.S. Masters Swimming. Geographically, it governs most of the state of Illinois. For recent information about ILMSA, check out our Facebook page.
ILMSA is charged with doing a number of things related to Masters Swimming:
- providing membership services
- arranging meets in the area
- sanctioning meets
- collecting USMS fees
- governing Masters swimming in the state
- keeping ILMSA swim records
- keeping local team information
- distributing meet entry information and results through periodic newsletters and this website
- providing (through USMS) teams, members and coaches with insurance coverage for practices and competitions
Look over our website and you’ll notice that we are a very diverse organization. There is something for everyone in Masters swimming, where adults of all ages enjoy aquatic fitness at any level, beginner to competitive.
Yearly budgets and tax returns can be found by clicking on the desired year.
By-Laws and More
For grievances within ILMSA and not brought by USMS or another LMSC, the procedure detailed in the pdf above will be followed.
- Waive ILMSA portion of dues for qualifying members under the age of 25
- Waive ILMSA and USMS membership dues for swimmers age 75 years and over who have been members of ILMSA for the preceding 5 consecutive years.
- Waive membership dues for USMS Officials with the approval of the Officials and Safety Committee
- ILMSA will pay for 15 coaches to attend a coaches safety course
- There will be a $25.00 fee for expedited registration.
- The fee for lost membership cards is $5.00.