sanctions AT ilmsa DOT com
Andy Seibt, Sanctions/Distance/Open Water/Competition Committees
Masters Swimmer since 1992. Swims with Fossil Fish
Appointed by the board
Other Competition Committee Members: AJ Block, Ed Stranc, and Phil Dodson
- Assists meet directors in following rules of obtaining a USMS sanction for swim meets and open water events.
- Ensures proper meet procedures and conduct are followed at meets.
- Promotes and coordinates the scheduling of all local open water events.
- Assists with the coordination of local and national postal events.
- Works to improve the safety of open water swimming.
- Sponsors open water clinics from time to time.
- Advocates fitness, health and lifestyle benefits of masters swimming as a member of the USMS Fitness Education Committee
- Illinois High school state champion in the 100 back, 400 free and 200IM relays
- Three time Division 1 NCAA All-American
- Six time FINA World Champion
- USMS National Open Water Champion in each of the distances at one time or another.
- USMS Level 3 Certified Head coach of Fossil Fish Masters Swim Team
- USMS Adult Learn to Swim Instructor
- Age group coach for 13-14 year olds at FMC
- USMS Awards and Recognition Received:
2021 U.S. Masters Swimming Kerry O’Brien Coaches Award