secretary AT ilmsa DOT com
Karen Lundgren, Secretary
Masters Swimmer since 2021. Swims with North Shore Masters.
June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2025
- Keeps the minutes of the meetings of the members and of the Board in one or more books provided for that purpose.
- Sees that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these By-Laws or as required by law.
- Receives all notices on behalf of ILMSA and, together with the Chair, executes on behalf of ILMSA amendments to policies and procedures established by the Board.
- Is the custodian of the records.
- Performs all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him/her by the Chair or by the Board.
Karen grew up in the water competing in age group swimming starting at age 6. Her swimming career culminated in being a member of the Hinsdale Central High School women’s team that was twice Illinois state champions and twice runner-ups. Although she hung up her goggles after high school, these great swim memories drew her back to the pool and masters swimming after her two children were old enough to sleep through her morning practice. She continues to be inspired by her North Shore Master’s coach, Marcia Cleveland, who introduced her to the world of open water swimming. She can be found most Saturdays and Sundays at Gillson Beach in Wilmette and marks her calendar each year to enter the Big Shoulders race.
When not in the water she works as an attorney for the Department of Homeland Security. She enjoys traveling to watch them her two kids compete in collegiate crew and lacrosse. She also enjoys helping her husband Jordie, a retired art teacher, manage a farm in Benton Harbor, Michigan.