awards AT ilmsa DOT com
Mike Hillegonds, History/Awards/Hall of Fame Committees Chair
Masters Swimmer since 2017. Swims with Elgin.
Appointed by the BOD
- Manages the selection process and presentation of ILMSA annual awards.
- Updates the nomination forms
- Ensures yearly award winners are added to the website
- Investigates and presents recognition programs targeting ILMSA membership
- Oversees the hall of fame selection process including developing induction criteria, coordinating induction ceremony, creating and managing history and hall of fame site with the site developer
- Selects and manages committee meetings to solicit nominations for the hall of fame class
- Authors and edits the history of ILMSA as needed
- Swam at Millikin University
- Returned to competitive swimming 40 years later
- Two year member of the USMS National Recognition and Awards Committee serving as the National Club of the Year chairman